Pladd consulting represents the interests of a group of investors that are pretending to implement an agro-industrial project in the north-eastern and the south-eastern region of the Brazilian state of Pará.
Our project proposes an integrated system of production, grinding, refinement and commercialization as like as the export of soya, corn/maize and sunflower including their derivatives – press cakes/bran and oil.
We are searching a business partner/ trader that is willing to acquire the agricultural products from our affiliated cultivators.
In a first step the trader may opt for exporting solely grains. On a medium-term basis we are pretending to export oil, triturated corn and the obtained press cakes.
We actually dispose of 50,000 hectares of agricultural land and do have conditions to expand it in the upcoming five years by further 100,000 hectares. The regions are already active in the production of corn/maize, soya and rice.
Since March of 2007 we are realizing, in corporation with EMBRAPA (Brazilian Agricultural Research Corporation) and EMATER/ PA, experimental plantations of sunflower to identify the best seeds, plantation period and the appropriate quantities of fertilizers and herbicides alike. Our aim is to achieve maximal productivity at minimum costs and under conservation of the environment.
Concerning the plantations of 2007, different cultivation criteria were utilized in the southern and the northern region.
The harvest of the first semester of 2008 has been cropped. The analytical results published by EMBRAPA were excellent:
- Paragominas – north-eastern region
Under application of modern plantation techniques 7 genotypes did show up a productivity superior to national average. Four of them have a productivity above 2,000 kg/ha. -> consult the research paper.
- Pau D’Arco – south eastern region
The plantings were realized in absence of modern plantation techniques, i.e. the lands were not prepared adequately like in Paragominas. Anyhow 11 genotypes did show up productivity equal to the national average. Based upon these results we believe that using the modern plantation technique suggested by EMBRAPA we will achieve a productivity level of 2,200 kg/ha -> consult the research paper.
Anyhow some further test-planting is necessary to better define the most productive planting period as like as considerations in respect to disease resistance under minimal utilization of fertilizers.
Hence we can take advantage of the agricultural potential of the above mentioned regions and export the products via the Railroad of Carajás and the sea port of Itaqui located in the federal state of Maranhão.
The grains and sub products alike are going to be exported from the port of Itaqui, that has an excellent infrastructure. Due to its privileged localization it permits, in comparison to other ports in South America, a reduction in days of maritime transport. The port is already used in greater scale for exports to Europe, the USA and Japan among others for example of the Vale Group.
We are going to construct an agro-industrial complex in Marabá to qualify and to quantify as like as to further process the agricultural products.
Beside the logistic advantages of the region, the project is going to enjoy fiscal incentives by several governmental levels – federal, state and municipal alike.
It will be possible to sell the soya, sunflower and corn grains and likewise the sub products oil, press cakes and triturated corn on the home market or on the world market.
It is pretended to export the produced oil. The obtained press cakes may be exported or sold locally in the state of Pará that is actually short of this product. Press cakes/ bran used for animal nutrition is de facto imported at high prices from southern Brazil. This impedes the further development of animal creation in Pará.
The corn grains can be sold entirely or triturated conforming to the traders needs.
Planting of the harvest
Our business partner (trader) will have to pre-finance part of the harvest that is going to be planted. The pre-financing will be covered by real guarantees offered by the affiliated cultivators.
At harvest time the trader is going to receive the crop and is going to pay the farmers the difference between the adjusted value in the bargain and sale of the grains and the pre-financing payments already made.
You can consult an exemplar contract in the here:
- The contract is going to have a minimum time limit to give the investment project more planning stability.
- The pre-financing payments are going to be applied only in case of farmers with more than 100 hectares of arable lands.
- Areas inferior to 100 hectares are going to be financed at subsidized interest by Federal Government bodies in corporation with the Banco da Amazonia and the Banco do Brasil.
- Aggressions to the environment, working as slaves and infantile work are strictly prohibited.
Considering the agricultural process we are responsible for:
- Selecting the farmers that will receive pre-financing support.
- Giving legal support to the trader (business partner) during the signature of the contract and further granting its fulfilment as like as applying penalties in case of necessity.
- Arranging stuff of surveyors legally registered at CREA/PA and accredited by the Banco do Brasil, Banco da Amazonia and the Caixa Economica Federal.
- Accompanying the entire production cycle: from the preparation of the lands to the harvest of the crops.
- Granting technical assistance to the farmers during the entire agricultural cycle.
- Verifying the plantation of the areas included in the contract and controlling that the harvest will be directed to our agro-industrial complex.
- Maintaining contact with EMBRAPA and EMATER-PA with the objective to further rise productivity of soya, sunflower and corn as like as to better prevent the hazard of curses.
- Defining the logistics of the pre-financed inputs
- Diffusing quality criteria of soya, corn and sun-flower to our affiliated cultivators corresponding to the needs of the trader as like as payment modalities in respect to the quality and the humidity delivered.
Export of the grains
- The soya and the sunflower grains alike are completely addressed for exportation according to established specifications by the trader.
- The grains are going to be analysed within international standards by certified laboratories.
- The grains are going to be stocked in our deposit facilities and transported by train to the port of export – Itaqui/MA – where the grains are going to be shipped to the port of destination indicated by the trader.
- We will be responsible for the logistics of the maritime shipment.